Prestonwood Polo & Country Club is the premier polo club of North Texas. Located on 97 acres of pristine real estate north of Dallas in Oak Point, between the cities of Frisco and Denton. Prestonwood has 3 berumda grass fields, 2 arenas, 48 covered stalls, 3/4 mile track, bridal paths, turn-out pasture and 22 home lots two and half acres each with breathtaking views of the polo grounds. Established in 2008, Prestonwood is the largest member club in North Texas and one of the largest in Texas, thanks in large part to its successful Interscholastic and Intercollegiate programs, referred to as "I-I".
Polo is played year-round at Prestonwood, unlike other clubs in Texas, we don't shut down in the off season. We play on our outdoor grass fields in Spring, Summer and Fall; in the Winter months we play arena polo in our full-size regulation polo arena and lighted arena for nighttime play. We offer Saturday League polo in the Spring and Sunday League polo in the Fall, in addition to with weekday practice chukkers year-round.
Our youth polo I-I program is one of the most successful in the country, including 2016 & 2019 National High School Championships, 2015 National Runners-up and 5-time Central USA Champions, in addition we are home to the TCU and UNT Intercollegiate polo teams
Saturday League Polo
At Prestonwood we bucked the outdated model of Friday-Sunday league polo and designed our polo for real people that work and want an enjoyable fun no-stress weekend of polo, with the horses in mind:
- Friday Stick n Ball: come stick n ball your horses Fridays on our Field 2 or 3. Relax after a long week and take your mind off work. Enjoy fresh air, open space and take your time enjoying the therapeutic experience of just you and your horse. We've found this is the best way to get horses, and players, tuned up for Saturday League play.
- Saturday League Play: enjoy our fun, fast, competitive family-style polo in front of the crowd. Fair teams are made every weekend, mixed up so everybody gets to play with everybody.
- Sunday Morning Chukkers: Optional club chukkers are available Sunday mornings for club members who want to play fun chukkers in a relaxing environment.
- Wednesday Practice Chukkers: we offer Wednesday evening practice chukkers to all club members.
Contact us about joining our polo program.
Prestonwood Polo Club was launched in 2008 to create a family-friendly club with the goal of sharing their love of polo with the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Prestonwood was charted with the United States Polo Association in 2008 and today is the largest USPA member club in North Texas. Prestonwood also uses polo to raise money for worthwhile causes through polo events, the foundation's goal is to grow the sport of polo by bringing in new players and teaching existing ones to get better in a friendly competitive environment devoid of politics.
When Prestonwood first opened to the public in the Fall of 2008 it was featured on the cover of the 380 Guide magazine for Denton county. The next weekend was like a scene out of Field of Dreams as the cars poured in to see the first real polo club in Denton County.
Since that time Prestonwood has been hard at work expanding the club, buying adjacent property and adding improvements. Prestonwood has grown leaps and bounds since that time, and the club' goal is to build it into a world class polo & equestrian development.
- Year round polo
- 3 Bermuda Grass polo fields
- 2 polo arenas
- 1 stick n ball field
- 48 covered stalls
- 15 acres turn-out
- Natural sandy loam soil footing
- 22 home lots overlooking polo fields
- Top ranked youth polo program
- 5 Time Central USA HS Champions
- 2 Time National HS Champions
- 1 Time Central USA IC Champion
- Largest polo club in north Texas
- Home of TCU / UNT Polo teams
Polo is all about horses. At Prestonwood we love our horses and pride ourselves on our wonderful strings of advanced, intermediate and beginner horses and have been awarded Best Playing Pony String 4 times by the USPA.
The Miller's have ambitious long-term plans for Prestonwood, including building a new roof over the east arena, a new state-of-the-art 100-stall barn with classrooms and viewing areas, country club clubhouse & spa facilities with restaurant, retail and meeting space, and adding other equestrian disciplines: rodeo, barrel racing, eventing and more.
Their goal is for Prestonwood to be one of the best all-around equestrian developments in the world, with beautiful homes where people want to live and play!